- Penang transport masterplan: A scandal in the making?It has been almost a month since I last wrote a piece Debunking the Penang government’s transport master plan spin highlighting significant concerns on the Penang Transport Master Plan (PTMP) but I have received no response from the Penang state government. Nevertheless, this latest article will point out serious concerns regarding the modelling methods, ridership […]
THE PENANG FORUM IS A COALITION OF CIVIL SOCIETIES
Formed in the year 2007, it is the voice of public interest and progressive social change. Since then, the Coalition works with the government to advise, oversee, and implement progressive development, equitable economic policies and environmental protection in its administration.
- THE DRAFT PENANG HILL SPECIAL AREA PLAN: What you need to know – Live event
- Send your feedback on the Penang Hill Draft Special Area Plan (RKKBB 2020)
- Sungai Kelian & Sungai Kechil Technical Report
PENANG TOLAK TAMBAK
BETTER CHEAPER FASTER
The Penang Forum consists of various social justice societies
Penang Public Transport Users Association
A public-transport oriented NGO, advocating for Inclusive, Efficient, Comfortable & Safe Public Transport
Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara
Aliran ‘s work centres on raising public awareness on important issues affecting Malaysians and promoting a more just society.
Malaysian Nature Society, Penang
MNS have pioneered conservation in Malaysia for the last eight decades, making a difference through habitat conservation and environmental education. Through the joint effort of their members, partners and supporters, MNS has become a strong voice for the protection of Malaysia’s natural heritage.
Suara Rakyat Malaysia, Penang
Suara Rakyat Malaysia (SUARAM) was established in 1989 to monitor and advocate for the respect of human rights in Malaysia. Through its consistent and uncompromising work, it has established itself as one of the key human rights organisations, one to which Malaysians turn to for information and support.
Tanjung Bungah Resident’s Association
TBRA engage residents in the development planning of Tanjong Bunga in a paticipatory and inclusive approach taking into the consideration the needs of women, children and the elderly.
The Penang Forum Charter (2018)
The Penang Forum calls on Penang’s newly elected officials of 2018 to act upon and deliver on these demands. They are related to the three principles of good governance, social inclusion and sustainable development.
The three principles are:
- Good governance and strong public institutions
- Equitable sharing of resources and social inclusion
- Sustainable development and environmental protection
Penang Forum is a voice for the public interest and progressive social change. Formed in 2007, the Penang Forum is a coalition of civil society organizations and affiliates.
Please read the full Declaration here: Declaration